In these early Jan days, lots of media are publishing their own take on top marketing trends for 2018. Here are the top 10 from SmartInsights:
- Trend 1. Integrating Marketing Activities Into the Customer Lifecycle
- Trend 2. Integrating personalisation into the user journey / customer experience
- Trend 3. Integrating machine learning into marketing automation
- Trend 4. Integrating social messaging apps into communications
- Trend 5. Integrating video into the customer journey
- Trend 6. Integrating content marketing into the customer journey using a customer engagement strategy
- Trend 7. Integrating search marketing into your content marketing activities
- Trend 8. Integrating marketing technology
- Trend 9. Integrating different data sources
- Trend 10. Integrating digital marketing insights sources
Read more here: 10 Marketing Trends to act on in 2018
Taking advantage of the very first days of 2018, let’s anticipate where our focus should be in evolving our marketing. Here is a solid list from Forbes that I subscribe to.
“New trends are entering the marketplace and your company needs to pay attention or you may be forced by the wayside.”
1. Augmented Reality Integrated Through Social Media
2. Collapse Of The Influencer Market
3. True Understanding Of Customer Journey
4. More Targeted Ads With Specific Purpose
5. Professional Live Video
6. Conversational User Interfaces
7. Video Marketing
8. Personalization Along All Stages Of The Sales Funnel
9. Contextual Targeting Strategies
10. Cost Per Experiment As A Leading Metric
11. Native Advertising
12. Digital Integrated Into Offline Experiences
13. Voice Marketing
14. Predictive Algorithms
15. Different Kind Of Content Marketing
Source: How Digital Marketing Will Change In 2018: 15 Top Trends
What are the key criteria for job seekers? They are seeking out brands that pay fairly, but also have common values and a reputation of putting employees first. Yazad Dalal explains:
A good salary is no longer the key criteria for job seekers. They are seeking out brands that not only pay fairly but also have common values and a reputation of putting employees first.
Check out some mandatory steps to consider when developing your brand. Do you think you already know all of them? Get ready to be surprised:
Good news! The understanding and awareness of the importance of branding is changing among startups. Discover how.
Congrats to Oracle Marketing Cloud for leading in 2017 Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Marketing Hubs. Here is how they compared:
The Gartner Critical Capabilities for Digital Marketing Hubs report is for CMOs and other digital marketing leaders involved in the selection of core systems to support digital marketing business requirements.
Forget the funnel and the classic AIDA model, what a colleague of mine describes as “disrupt the linearity“, buyer’s journey aren’t linear anymore. It’s about being closely aligned between sales and marketing, in a smart and adaptable combination of in person and on line relevant activities, of course customer obsessed. It’s no longer an “OR”, but rather an “AND”.
This HBR article, source below, is not very recent (2015), but reading it again just highlighted how we should completely revisit our joint Sales & Marketing go to market. Key to your success if not done already or at least started, digital and human have never been so much interweaved than today in B2B demand generation.
Source: What Salespeople Need to Know About the New B2B Landscape