I’ve been interviewed by CX Networks recently as a new member of their Network’s Advisory Board. It’s all about hyper-personalised marketing, AI, chatbots and conversational UI like Voice Devices and other cutting edge marketing concepts in today’s customer experience economy. Curious to your approach about taking customer experience to the next level and comments on my views.
Here is an excerpt:
We speak to one of the newest members of CX Network’s Advisory Board – Emmanuel Obadia,VP Marketing, EMEA Applications at Oracle about cutting edge marketing concepts in today’s customer experience economy.
Hyper-personalised marketing is a key trend in the industry, how in your opinion have we seen this develop in 2018?
Emmanuel: “We moved from interruption marketing to permission marketing thanks to Mr Seth Godin; to inbound and content marketing more recently. Now we’re really in the consent marketing era. This is the necessary progression, because the consumers are now in control.
“The industry expectation is to apply real-time, one-to-one, in-context personalisation at scale. In practice, this is difficult because the buyer’s journey is not linear at all and when your organisation becomes larger you will have different parts of the team working to address the customer experience for the marketing journey. It becomes even more difficult to do that in the context of the entire customer experience that goes across marketing, sales, ecommerce and customer service.
“A lot of companies have embarked on this mission to perform real-time, one-to-one, in-context personalisation at scale. But, according to a recent report I read in the UK, only 16% of organisations are able to adjust to customer experiences in real-time based on customer behaviour. Only 17% are able to adjust to the customer journey in a few hours. 25% say it takes more than a day because they’re going through manual processes.”
Read the entire interview on: CX Network | Introducing Oracle’s VP of EMEA Marketing
Do we spend too much time focusing on how AI will destroy some jobs and not on how to fix this? According to this research, we actually do. Discover more insights here:
So a robot takes your job — what next?
Taken together, the transformative effects of IoT, AI, and blockchain become multiplicative. Lots are written about it and it becomes difficult to figure what’s coming up next.
Our minds must stretch when we envision the impact of these three technologies taken together. It’s hard for us to wrap our heads around this new art of the possible. So much is changing in such a short timeframe.
Make no mistakes, this is the advent of digital transformation phase II, whatever our role in the enterprise we should be paying attention and starting to leverage these innovations within our daily jobs/life.
More and some examples in the Forbes article.
Source: OracleVoice: IoT, AI, And Blockchain: Time To Reimagine The Art Of The Possible?
In these early Jan days, lots of media are publishing their own take on top marketing trends for 2018. Here are the top 10 from SmartInsights:
- Trend 1. Integrating Marketing Activities Into the Customer Lifecycle
- Trend 2. Integrating personalisation into the user journey / customer experience
- Trend 3. Integrating machine learning into marketing automation
- Trend 4. Integrating social messaging apps into communications
- Trend 5. Integrating video into the customer journey
- Trend 6. Integrating content marketing into the customer journey using a customer engagement strategy
- Trend 7. Integrating search marketing into your content marketing activities
- Trend 8. Integrating marketing technology
- Trend 9. Integrating different data sources
- Trend 10. Integrating digital marketing insights sources
Read more here: 10 Marketing Trends to act on in 2018
Taking advantage of the very first days of 2018, let’s anticipate where our focus should be in evolving our marketing. Here is a solid list from Forbes that I subscribe to.
“New trends are entering the marketplace and your company needs to pay attention or you may be forced by the wayside.”
1. Augmented Reality Integrated Through Social Media
2. Collapse Of The Influencer Market
3. True Understanding Of Customer Journey
4. More Targeted Ads With Specific Purpose
5. Professional Live Video
6. Conversational User Interfaces
7. Video Marketing
8. Personalization Along All Stages Of The Sales Funnel
9. Contextual Targeting Strategies
10. Cost Per Experiment As A Leading Metric
11. Native Advertising
12. Digital Integrated Into Offline Experiences
13. Voice Marketing
14. Predictive Algorithms
15. Different Kind Of Content Marketing
Source: How Digital Marketing Will Change In 2018: 15 Top Trends
I wish all of you a great 2018, hoping we will find a way to get the world a better place for us and the generations to come. Check out this We could satisfy all of our energy needs in no time
Agile finance revealed is the blueprint for a new operating model for modern finance. Check this infographic and discover what separates leaders from laggards
Agile finance leaders are further along the transformation journey and are embracing a new operating model for modern fnance that is responsive and change-ready.