According to Comscore, 77% of the US Internet audience viewed video online in November 2008 for a total of 12.7B videos viewed, growing 34% compared to 2007. Do you really consider your 2009 campaigns without it?
So, some numbers for you:
- YouTube is is still on Top, representing 98% of all videos viewed on Google’s sites.
- The average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- 97 million viewers watched 5.1 billion videos on YouTube.com (52.3 videos per viewer).
- 52.5 million viewers watched 371 million videos on MySpace.com (7.1 videos per viewer).
- The duration of the average online video was 3.1 minutes.
- The duration of the average online video viewed at Hulu was 11.9 minutes, higher than any other video property in the top ten.
Web 2.0 is video intensive.