According to Comscore, 77% of the US Internet audience viewed video online in November 2008 for a total of 12.7B videos viewed, growing 34% compared to 2007. Do you really consider your 2009 campaigns without it?
So, some numbers for you:
- YouTube is is still on Top, representing 98% of all videos viewed on Google’s sites.
- The average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- 97 million viewers watched 5.1 billion videos on YouTube.com (52.3 videos per viewer).
- 52.5 million viewers watched 371 million videos on MySpace.com (7.1 videos per viewer).
- The duration of the average online video was 3.1 minutes.
- The duration of the average online video viewed at Hulu was 11.9 minutes, higher than any other video property in the top ten.
Web 2.0 is video intensive.
Published by Emmanuel Obadia
Optimist Trusted Advisor | Mentor | Coach | Consultant | Public Speaker and Independant today, I’ve been providing executive leadership for fast pace High Tech businesses for several decades before.
Acting in Marketing, Communications, Digital, Business Development, Product Management, M&A, or Alliances roles, I covered EMEA and global theatres from Europe and Silicon Valley. I started as an entrepreneur, founding my own software company, and then served major global IT vendors in international roles.
I am passionate about introducing new technologies, helping reinforce the strategy, positioning, go-to-market, and ecosystem of companies with a purpose to make the world a better place (Sustainable development, Tech for Good, ESG…). Helping teams of any size thrive in complexity, speed, and change is what fuels me, particularly Mentoring & Coaching Millennials and Gen-Z.
View all posts by Emmanuel Obadia