Marketing teams often focus tactics and goals in a particular channel, overlooking how these channels can complement one another. With a bit of planning, a campaign can harness the strategic value of email, search, social media and other outlets for a single purpose. See how an online luggage retailer created a premium report based on a survey of e-newsletter subscribers and captured 5x more blog traffic.
- Tactic #1. Use search metrics to research potential report topics
- Tactic #2. Build an online survey
- Tactic #3. Send survey request to email database
- Tactic #4. Host report download on a dedicated landing page
- Tactic #5. Pitch report to media outlets
- Tactic #6. Use social channels, even if you don’t have them
Feel free to post back your own experiences here, I’d be happy to hear about it.