Viral Marketing is an integral part of Marketing 2.0. Thus agencies are starting to exploit the lack of integrated tools and strategies for you to have a full viral marketing set of tactics embedded in your campaigns. Here are some of the available ones I noticed:
- Affinitive – Word of Mouth Marketing, Technology and Strategic Solutions
- Informative – Your Customers are talking, do you listen?
- iUpload – Customer conversation system
- neighborhood america – Engage, listen, act
Some marketers have a tendency to think that viral marketing is just about creating an e-mail buzz or post a funny video on YouTube. DON’T! Viral marketing is more than just one isolated tactic or a trendy gimmick to sparkle on your existing plan. It is an entire dimension to your on-going marketing strategy.
The difficult part of it is to address influencers as a demographic target. In fact influencers usually aren’t. As Regis McKenna coined it many years ago, in his famous book The Regis Touch – 1985, influencers include all individuals between the vendor and its prospect impacting the decision to buy. And as Regis stated 20 years ago: 90% of the world is influenced by the other 10%. The good news in the Web 2.0 era, is that we now have means to identify and enroll influencers over the web. Some call it building communities – read Isabel’s post about it as an example.
Whatever it takes don’t miss it: integrate end-to-end viral marketing to your Marketing 2.0 plan. Make sure you identify end engage over time influencers to maximize Marketing ROI, especially if you’re dealing in B2B Marketing. Don’t forget to let them talk and listen.